Civil Society and Citizenship

Class Feedback

my feedback on Thursday's class

Hi everyone. Well I am still trying to figure out the UT computer system(s)
and since I don't have internet access from my apt (no phone line) please be
patient with me!

But with that aside, I am really excited about this class. I think with our
wide range of interests we will not only have a lot to contribute to class
discussions, but our contributions will reveal a range of diverse view
points. (which it sounds like is a major reason why some of us are in this
class) I have to admit that when I took a course on "theories of
international affairs" as an undergrad and we talked about "civil society"
(we read some work by Putnam), it was not my favorite "theory" so to speak.
I don't know why, but there were just other theoretical aspects that seemed
a bit more exciting to me. But after looking over the syllabus and
reflecting back on Thursday's class, I have a feeling that my outlook might
change... hmm.. we'll see.

Well i feel like I am just rambeling, so I will post more after I dive into
the readings!!

cheers! (or "serife" as we say in Turkish!)

Suzanne

Back to:   Civil Society and Citizenship Main Page