Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:39:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Riad E.Hamad <riadutep@yahoo.com>
To: Congressman <lloyd.doggett@mail.house.gov>, al-awda-news@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [AL-AWDA-News] Town hall meetin in Austin,
congressman Doggett voices opposition to Sharon's policy.

Dear Friends,

More than five hundred people attended a town hall
meeting with congressman Lloyd Doggett, the
congressman for District 14 in central Texas on
Saturday September 28th 2002. Every one spoke against
the war in Iraq and the congressman himself expressed
his opposition to the war. He was passionate,
articulate and well versed. When some of the audience
asked him about his view of the roots of the
Palestinian issue versus the Israeli aggression his
tone changed and became subdued as if he feared that
he might join the other congress members who lost
their seats because of their opposition to the Israeli
policy and their stooges in D.C. Congressman Doggett
said that although he considers himself a friend of
Israel, he does not support Sharon and his
policies.

The meeting did not get any mention in the Austin
American Statesman (the link below), the largest
newspaper in the state except for online in today’s
paper as part of an article about the growing
religious opposition to the war against Iraq. The
religious leaders are refusing to support any action
against Iraq and demanding a stop to the suffering.
I thought that we live in a democracy…why does not the
media write more about the anti war movement and the
plight of the Palestinians…are they waiting for
hundreds of thousands more to die…or does the life of
an Arab worth anything…..does the U.S. have a blind
spot when it comes to the coverage of Palestinian and
Arab issues myopia.

Thanks for your patience and support…

Salamat
Riad
Hamad
http://www.austin360.com/statesman/editions/tuesday/news_4.html

=====

http://www.pcwf.org The link to the website of Palestine Children's Welfare Fund

Click to buy Palestinian embroidery online, sponsor a Palestinian child ,buy a flag or a Kuffiya to feed one, or donate books for the children of the refugee camps and BirZeit University. "Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity," ,Horace Mann " We can not educate for freedom with methods of slavery."Horace Mann

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/xYTolB/TM

All Out For Palestine!
Al-Awda National Right To Return Rally
http://chicago.al-awda.info/

Documented: Labor Camps in the 1948 era-
http://al-awda.org/labor_camps.htm
West Bank and Gaza Emergency Relief Fund:
http://al-awda.org/wb_fund.htm
Write your elected representative today!:
http://congress.cfl-online.org