The Politics of Oil

New Resources

Re: Simulation 2002 Role List

Hi Raphael,

How are you coming with the sim game, so that we can get our role profiles
into your sim game interface? I am still trying to get the students to
make particular names for their role such as CEO of the National Iranian
Oil Company (in this case it looks as though it is the Minister of Oil but
who is he?) etc. Here are our roles (you will see that some earlier ones
did not get students).

From my Arab Israeli extension course:
Ben Eliezer Israeli Min Defense
Arafat
General Zinni
Ha'aretz (Amira Hass)

From my big oil course:
Oil companies
BP CEO Lord John Browne
Chevron CEO David O'Reilly
ExxonMobil CEO Lee. R. Raymond
Haliburton CEO David Lesar
INOC (Iraq)
KPC (Kuwait) CEO Sheikh Ahmed Fahad Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah
Lukoil (Russia) CEO Vagit Alkperov
NIOC (Iran)
PDVSA (Venezuela)
Pemex (Mexico)
Saudi ARAMCO CEO Abdallah S. Jum'ah
Schlumberger CEO Euan Baird
Royal Dutch Shell CEO Jeroen Van Der Veer
Sonatrach (Algeria) Chakib Khalil
TotalFinaElf (France) CEO Thierry Desmarest
Countries
France President Jacques Chirac
Iran President Khatami
Iraq Saddam Hussein
Kuwait
Qatar Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani
Russia Vladimir Putin
Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Abdullah
US DOE Secretary Spenmcer Abraham
Venezuela President Hugo Chavez
Orgs
Greenpeace Chairman Anne Summers
OPEC Secy general Alvaro Silva Calderon
Media
New York Times (Thomas Friedman)
Oil & Gas Journal

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Raphael wrote:

> I forgot to mention that we'll be setting up the interface over the next
> fortnight, so your students should be able to access the system and
> familiarise themselves with the interface within a few weeks.
>
> Regards,
>
> R.

Clement M. Henry
Professor of Government
University of Texas at Austin
Austin TX 78712
tel 471-5121, fax 471-1061

Back to:   The Politics of Oil Main Page