Civil Society and Citizenship

Class Feedback

Country of Interest

Hmm, my name wasn't on that list of e-mails in the
pull-down menu, so I'm sending this manually.

I'm not so much interested in a particular country
as I am in exploring certain questions about countries in
the Middle East in general. I don't care so much about
democracy, but I am in interested in learning what people
think are the least ways to encourage home-grown secular
civil society in the Middle East, without damaging the
religious side of their culture. I'm also interested in
making feminism work (if it doesn't already) in the M.E.
I guess if I had to pick a country it would be Lebanon,
so I'll know what the Beiruti students are talking about
when time comes for discussion with them :)

Thanks 10^6,
Jon F.

Back to:   Civil Society and Citizenship Main Page