Civil Society and Citizenship

Class Feedback

About Thursday...

Well, I'm a little late in posting this...

My main reaction to the composition of our class is surprise. First off, I
thought that more people would have enrolled, and second, I am
overwhelmed by everyone's high degree of familiarity with the region. I
thought recent events would grab more strays like me into the class.
However, most people who have enrolled already seem like they know
what's going on. Honestly I know very little about the Middle East. Bear
with me if I have to ask where certain cities are :)

I really like that we're going to be posting our papers online! I'm looking
forward to reading everyone's work. My last TC 357 also involved online
paper-posting, but the experience was marred for me because we had to
edit each other's work... now I can browse them at my own leisure.

One thing I forgot to mention as an interest of mine is feminism in the
Middle East, and its role in generating civil society. Anybody read anything
good about this? I'd like to write at least one of my papers on the
subject...

Thanks 10^6, and see ya'll on Tuesday,
Jon F.

Back to:   Civil Society and Citizenship Main Page