---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 06:12:14 +0000
From: Brent Brent <nader_democracy_rising@hotmail.com>

I’m an UT student that wanted to let you know that Ralph Nader is coming to
town on the 26th. We need loads of people to show up so if you can do any
or all of these three things to help our grassroots effort to get people out
to the event we would appreciate it. This event will be a great opportunity
for any government, history, sociology, social work and many other fields of
study at UT.

1) Announce this event in class
2) Allow UT students to present about the rally in class
3) Take your class to the rally as a field trip

Thanks. See the info below and you have any questions call 482-0404.

Brent

SUBJECT: RALPH NADER “Super RALLY” IN AUSTIN, with host Molly Ivins and
performer Patti Smith.

WHO: Ralph Nader, popular national and local performers, community leaders
and progressive organizations working to revitalize Austin and the
surrounding communities.

WHERE: TONY BURGER CENTER, AUSTIN, TX.

WHEN: SATURDAY, JANUARY 26, 7:00PM. DOORS OPEN AT 5:30PM WITH LIVE MUSIC.
CALL (512) 482-0404 FOR MORE INFO.

COME TO THE HISTORIC NADER “PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER” SUPER RALLY

On January 26, Ralph Nader's "People Have The Power Tour" arrives in Austin
for a major rally to “Revitalize the Grassroots in Texas” at the Tony Burger
Center. This will be the seventh event of a brand new tour sponsored by
Nader’s organization Democracy Rising to help strengthen American democracy,
build a long lasting progressive movement and fight for global justice.
Nader, along with special guest speakers and performers, is returning to
Austin to support:
&#61656; &#61656; Clean Elections in Austin
&#61656; &#61656; Inclusive Public Health Care
&#61656; &#61656; Social Justice
&#61656; &#61656; Environmental Protection
&#61656; &#61656; A Fair Economy & A Living Wage
At this critical time in our nation's history, we need national leaders
like Ralph Nader to be a strong voice for civil liberties, global justice
and other major issues being ignored by the corporate controlled political
parties. Please join us at Austin’s Tony Burger Center on Saturday, Jan.
26 for this significant event.

WITH SUCH SHORT NOTICE, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

To make this rally a huge success, we need hundreds of volunteers to lend
their time & energy to this project.

Only with your support can we pack more than 5,000 people into the
Tony Burger Center.

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: This operation is going full swing until the
26th. We need volunteers every day, so please lend a hand. Come have some
fun and meet some cool people while doing something you believe in!

IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER TASKS:

§ Flyering/Postering communities/campuses
§ Phone Banking Nader supporters from 6pm – 9pm, Sunday - Thursday
§ Media Work
§ Community Outreach
§ Volunteer Coordinating
§ Ticket Management
§ Creative Art Design
§ And plenty of other important work….

TICKET INFORMATION: $10.00 Advanced; $15.00 at the Door

1. To Purchase Tickets and for more Info visit: www.txgreens.org/travis

2. To Volunteer, Purchase Tickets and for more info on tabling at the event
you can call:
(512) 482-0404

3. Tickets are also available at the following Locations:

WEST MALL 11-2

Eco-Wise, 110 W. Elizabeth (326-4474)
33 Degrees Records, 4017 Guadalupe (302-5233)
Wheatsville Food Co-op, 3101 Guadalupe (478-2667)
Mojo’s Daily Grind, 2714 Guadalupe (477-6656)
Thai Passion, 620 Congress (472-1244)
Flipnotics, 1603 Barton Springs Rd, (482-8533)
All 4 Planet-K Locations, (502-9323)
Zen Japanese Food, 2900 W. Anderson Ln, (451-4811)
Cafe Mundi, 1704 E. Fifth St, (236-8634)
4. 4. Driving Directions to the Tony Burger Center:
3200 Jones Road near South Lamar and Westgate Blvd.

Back to:   Civil Society and Citizenship Main Page