Arab-Israeli Politics

Role Profiles

amnesty international

randy mathisen
Xavier Sanchez Ganzalez
Ikrima Elhassan

Amnesty International (AI) is a worldwide movement of people who
campaign for internationally recognized human rights. We believe that
all humans, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, economic status,
or nationality deserve basic rights as out lined in Universal
Declaration of Human Rights (link
http://web.amnesty.org/pages/aboutai-udhr-eng). AI is independent of
any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion. It
does not support or oppose any government or political system, nor
does it support or oppose the views of the victims whose rights it
seeks to protect. It is concerned solely with the impartial protection
of human rights.
To accomplish the above goals we conduct research, issue calls to
action, and press releases. These tactics have been successful and we
will continue to use these methods to bring attention to human rights
violations across the world and to enact change. All of our research
is done independent financially form any government or ideology.
Because of this independent nature we are able to offer reports of
conditions in countries that have less bias and are not aligned to any
belief other then the beliefs held in Universal Declaration of Human
Rights.
Our work in the Middle East generally and the Israel-Palestine
specifically revolves around eliminating torture and any acts of
terrorism: state sponsored, extremist group sponsored, as well as
those act committed by individual. To view are calls of actions and
press releases for the area go to:
http://news.amnesty.org/regions/MDE.
--
revolution through education
learn to read, write, teach, question, and fight

Back to:   Arab-Israeli Politics Main Page